Saturday 12 March 2011

Recovering from the War: A Guide for All Veterans, Family Members, Friends


Learn about what your veterans faced, the normal effects of war, how Post-traumatic stress disorder affects families, and how to recover from ptsd.
Reviews
"A book every veteran will want to give his or her spouse, and every spouse will want to give his or her veteran. A systematic investigation of the costs of war for active duty service members, veterans and their families, including information on how to recover from combat trauma. The examples are from Vietnam, but the experience is universal: I am reading your book right now. I picked it up in Kuwait coming back from leave. It has been very good ... I have learned a lot. I just want to say this book of yours is just awsome it brings tears to my eyes as I write this to you. I wish I had it long time ago. I have to tell you that I truly believe as a kid of a vet that we, ourself, end up with ptsd. I act so much like my father it is scary. -Iraq "IED hunter" combat engineer."


"I am writing because I recently read your book, and it brought to light a few areas that were lacking in my Family Readiness Group discussions and re-integration training. My platoon leaders and platoon sergeants have all read the book, and (against copyright laws, sorry) we have photocopied appropriate excerpts for all soldiers to read. I have 26 of 100 soldiers still married (deployed at 38 of 100, 2nd deployments are tough on young couples) and I plan on personally buying each of them a copy of your book and mailing it to the spouse before we re-deploy.  Thank you so much for your help.-T R, Captain, writing from Iraq."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment